Thursday, August 4, 2011

Senior Portraits

August 4, 2011
Senior Portraits: Sara Taylor



Since we’ve had so many senior sessions lately we decided we wanted to have one of our past senior ambassadors write about what it was like being a model for us! So here is a post from Sara Taylor about her experience working with us for her senior portraits.
           
Working with Breshears Professional Photography was a wonderful experience that truly made having my senior pictures taken both fun and memorable! I always knew that when it came to my senior pictures I would call Breshears Professional Photography because both of my brothers had theirs taken with them and I thought to myself “well if they had theirs done with Breshears I want mine done there too!” So of course when it came time to actually do the photos I was both excited and nervous. Excited to take the first step to becoming a senior and nervous over what to wear and bring to the shoot!

Thankfully when I spoke to Mary Ann Breshears on the phone about the session to set up a time she gave me some great ideas of what to wear and bring with me! I was probably most excited about being able to bring my puppy to the session with me for some of the photos because one of my brothers had brought his dog, so again the whole “well if he did it I want to” feeling kicked in!

With the session being both indoors and out they had me bring three outfits that I liked best (and that my mom approved of) along with some of my own props so that the photos could capture parts of my personality. I was thrilled when they said I could bring props because I immediately knew what I wanted to bring with me: my color guard flag, my saxophone, my guitar, and of course, my puppy!

The session was a blast and was nearly two hours long (though it seemed to go by quickly) and I laughed a lot! I was eager to see the finishing product of the photos taken and counted down the days to my photo viewing. I think I just about broke my face smiling when I watched my photo video! It was very well put together and had music to it that reflected my personality very well! (I must have watched it ten times in a row looking at all the photos!)

Seeing the final photos all put together and having to choose which I wanted as my senior picture was difficult because there were so many amazing photos! All the different effects of black and white photos as well as sepia and different color tones made it that much harder to decide which picture I wanted in the year book and what ones I wanted to buy for my family and friends!

After choosing all the different photos we chose the package we wanted and with having the portraits on a viewing CD we also ordered later in the year my graduation announcements. These had a photo on it so that family members that hadn’t gotten a picture could still have one and have an invite to the graduation as well!

When all was said and done I loved the entirety of having my senior portraits taken with Breshears Professional Photography and had a wonderful time working with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment